The following volunteer opportunities are currently available with Save-a-Life No-Kill. If you are interested in any of these volunteer opportunities,
. Send your name, phone number and what opportunities you would like to assist with. You can also sign up for our volunteer email list to be notified when new opportunities arise.
We need a Volunteer Coordinator!
As our organization has grown we need more people to help, which means coordinating volunteers. We could use somebody to help us accomplish this task. You would help with notifying volunteers of opportunities (we use MailChimp mail program). Track which volunteer are helping with which tasks. Keep volunteer page updated on website (we will train you on how to do this). If you are interested in being our volunteer coordinator, please
We could really use volunteers to help with regular tasks to keep the organization running.
- Website Updates: We could use 1 or 2 people to help keep our website up to date. You do not need any experience. We can train you on how to do the updates. If you know how to use Microsoft Word, you can easily learn how to update the website. It would take 1-2 hours per month of your time.
- Email Newsletters: You do not need any experience. We use MailChimp for our emails which is an easy program to use. We would like to send out 1 email per month. It would take about 1 hour per month of time.
- Newsletter: Write articles for our cat & dog newsletter. We send out newsletters regularly and can always use good articles on cat & dog health and behavior topics. It would take 1-2 hours per month of your time.
Saturday Adoption Volunteers
We do Saturday adoptions from 11 am to 3pm at Mutt Maniacs, 1104 S. La Cienega, L.A. We prefer if people can volunteer each weekend to do the same task so we aren't continually seeking out new volunteers. At these adoptions we need people to assist with:
- Assist with transporting cages from Petco in Westwood to Mutt Maniacs.
- Assist with setting up cages and moving animals into cages at Mutt Maniacs
- Assist with caring for animals during adoption
- Help loading animals after adoption is over
- Breaking down cages and cleaning up
- Assist with photographing animals during adoption and uploading images and descriptions into our online animal database.
- Best Friends Adoption Fairs, Sat & Sun, May 21-22 at La Brea Tar Pits. We could use assistance with setting up cages, caring for animals during the day and breaking down cages at the end of the day. We could use volunteers for one or both days.
Social Media Assistance
We could really use assistance spreading word about the shelter through the social media outlets. We are in desperate need of donations, so assistance with sharing through Facebook, Twitter or blogs would be greatly appreciated. We could use the following volunteers:
- social media coordinator to help strategize social media efforts and notify volunteers on ways to help
- Sharing the Save-a-Life Facebook page posts. To help with this you simply have to share our posts every time you see them.
- Social media ideas on how we can use this medium to spread the word about the organization.
If you are interested in any of these volunteer opportunities,
. Send your name, phone number and what opportunities you would like to assist with.
Join our Volunteer Mailing list
Periodically we will send out notices when we have a special need for volunteers. If you would like to be notified about these opportunities, please join our volunteer mailing list. We will NEVER share or sell your information to 3rd parties. Your information will only be used for mailings from Save-a-Life.